However, I really should be currently sleeping --- or at the very least, preparing my lesson for Relief Society tomorrow (since I haven't started that yet). I'm awesome, I know. And I actually feel LESS stress preparing my lesson with only a few hours to spare. :) (This was my downfall in college.)
BUT.
Instead of having my mind focused on "Tithes and Offerings" (the subject of my lesson tomorrow), my mind has spent the day lingering on the desire to create. Creation.
This has been one of my favorite General Conference talks of all time. Given by Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf in October 2008. I have thought of it often throughout the past 2 1/2 years.
Yesterday my thoughts lingered on my choice to be a mother and how much I love it. Creation at it's very core. Creating another human being. I love it. I love my children. I am so very blessed. I know many women, while love being mothers, don't really love being pregnant. I won't say that it is my most favorite state of being, :) but I really do love the process. There is a part of me that feels like I could just keep having babies forever. :) Sadly, I think that I'm going to run out of girl names after this one, so it will likely be our last. :) BUT. I LOVE what I am doing right now. I love this process of creation.
Today my mind has been obsessing over other avenues of creativity. If I could only explain the thrill that I get from seeing a rainbow of colors meld together. The intense desire to surround myself with bright beautiful things! There are not words to convey it.
I LOVE making things with my hands. And I am going to make some of these pillows.
And then I'm going to crochet a whole bunch of these little flowers and make garlands out of them to decorate my girls' room.
And then I'm going to crochet a whole bunch of these little flowers and make garlands out of them to decorate my girls' room.
Aren't they gorgeous?! Yes. I know they are. Do they make your heart flippity-flop? They do mine. I love color!
The other thing I've been obsessing over all day is this etsy store with their adorable hat patterns. Because I'm awesome, I'm going to make some of these too.

{Sigh}









6 comments:
I LOVED this!!! I wish the pictures would have worked...they're not showing up. :(
I think I like being pregnant more than not...I don't know what it is about it, but I don't mind being pregnant...I totally get that. :)
Good on ya for getting the garden ready! And is it already time to mow lawns?!?! :)
Thanks, so much, for inspiring me, too. :)
LOVE the craft projects on your t-do-list. I can see pictures now. :) LOVE them!!!
Wow!!! Those are awesome!!! Great job on completing so much! I need to work on that!
BEAUTIFUL!!! I too LOVE color! I can't wait to see your creations especially your little chick =). Love you!
beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. And so bright and cheery and inspirational. And you ARE awesome...and you do create such beautiful stuff--especially children. :)
I thought of a name for you last night. What about Alice?
Post a Comment