I was raised in a family with four girls (and two brothers) and while we didn't always get along, I sure love my sisters. They are some of the very best friends that I have.
I am a little overwhelmed at the responsibility that is placed upon me as their mother. I think that the identity of women has been hugely distorted in our world today and I'm so amazed at the faith that the Lord has placed in me to show them how to be daughters of God. Or maybe more correctly, to guide them back to Him, so that He can teach them who they already are. How to be examples to the girls and women around them. To live with faith, integrity, strength, peace, and joy. To raise them with a desire to be mothers themselves. To have families and to serve the Lord. To seek after righteousness. To discover the divinity within themselves.
I am so excited for this new little lady to come. (But I have no problem waiting until September! :) I know many people who say things like: Oh, girls are so much calmer (or easier or harder) than boys! or Girls are so much easier to potty train! or any hundreds of other things that they have observed in their own families of "mixed gender" children. LOL! However, I can tell you right now, that each child comes with their own distinct personality -- quite regardless of girl or boy. Some of my girls are calmer than others. Some have been eternally easier to potty train than others. Some like pink. Some like blue. Some like princesses. Some like dragons. Some like robot-princess-dragon-ballerinas. :) Some like to sit still for hours, working at the same thing. Others lose interest in a matter of seconds and are always on the move. The ONLY (usually true) "gender absolute" that I have found in my last seven years of parenting all girls is this: girls are much more likely to deal with conflict in an emotion-based way, while boys seem much more prone to deal with it in a physical way. - But even that has its exceptions. :) I have found that each of them is entirely unique and I've never made two the same. -- Never even made two opposites! They all seem to come from entirely different planets all together. :) And I am so excited to meet this new "different" little person.
I absolutely love the variety of our seemingly-imbalanced family!
"If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child." ~ Linda Sunshine
17 comments:
YAY, RACHEL! Congratulations! I am so surprised and SO VERY HAPPY for you guys!
**LOVE GIRLS** (And my boy.)
YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO stinking excited for you. :) I hope I can have FIVE boys so I can be cool like you. :) ANd yes, I just made that wish. LOL!
I have to add that there couldn't be a better person to have five gorgeous daughters, with spunk, character, and adorable little personalities, than you. ♥
Love it. congratulations you guys. Rachel, you're my hero. :)
Since you don't want overexcitement (or probably UNDER excitement), I'll just say congratualtions on your baby!
I am so excited for you!!! You are a beautiful example to your little ladies! I can't wait to meet this little chick!
Already texted you, but I'll say it again CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am excited to meet her in September. You make beautiful girls - so why not make another :)!
HaHaHa!!! I LOVE your quote at the end of this post. Too true and funny!!! Sisters are the best! I am glad that I have you and the other two ya-hoo's for my sisters!!! I couldn't imagine life with out the three of you! I know your girls (and mine) feel the same! Sisters rock! Love ya!
Start savin' now! You're gonna have a lot of lovely weddings to plan and pay for! :) jk!!! SO excited for you and your newest little chick! :)
I am thrilled for you! Congrats! That is so fun!
I was just thinking what a miracle it is that you are having your 5th girl. What are the odds of that? So awesome! Remember, we don't just make them, but we make them awesome! You are cool!
PS. In case you didn't notice, I'm suffering from a slight lack of sleep...
I am just so tickled! I am also very glad you told us...I thought maybe you would keep it a suprise! Congrats...you are a wonderful example to your girls and I know Heavenly Father wouldn't send them unless he thought you could handle it. I bet the girls are excited to finally know what this precious baby is going to be! ;)
congrats!! whenever I think of you I think of highschool chemistry and I can't believe enough time has passed for you to be expecting your FIFTH girl. I think you are amazing!!
Yay for girls! I came from a house hold of 6 girls and one boy, poor guy right?! I LOVE my sisters and I love having so many of us!
It seems like every one I know in the last year or two have been having boys so someone has got to make up the difference in the girl deficit, why not you ;) or me :)
You are a great Mother to all your girls. You know, they are gonna throw you in the YW presidency :)
All your girls are so beautiful, Congratulations on another sure-to-be-beautiful Chick!
congrats rachel! girls are so wonderful and all of your girls are so beautiful in spirit and looks. you and nels are such good parents that girls are just fighting to come to your family!:)
I do have to say that once they become teenagers it is going to be expensive! though Heavenly Father will provide a way. other wise He wouldn't have given you these wonderful girls! We love you and are happy for you!
Congrats!! You're amazing and I wish I could be a mom just like you. Five kids is a lot!! I'm excited for you guys! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!:)
OH my heck how did I miss this announcement until now? Im so excited for you guys & your cute fam!! When are you due? We've got to be due really close to eachother!! Yay for girls coming this sept!!!
Post a Comment