Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's 27 degrees outside, throw open the windows!

Funny 
The updating is just going to wait a little bit longer.

Do you feel happy when you feel overwhelmed? Do you feel ready to take on the world when your house is messy? Do you feel like you're gagging when your house is stuffy? i do.

So. Today. No excuses. No more - "the mess will still be there tomorrow." This is fine for a while. It really is. But today? I need a clean house. I am going to slowly make my way through each room with an Elsie, a Violet, a package of sanitizing wipes, and a vacuum. And as we close each door, we're going to open a window. (And then climb every mountain.)

It's just going to take some natural gas and some elbow grease (and maybe a cage for the mess-maker) to finally have a clean, non-stuffy, warm HOME again. Until everything smells clean - like Pine-sol and Comet.

It might take a few hours, a whole day, or maybe several days, but it is going to happen.

4 comments:

Perry's said...

good for you. I should do that. but I am so sore from snow skiing yesterday. It will just have to wait

Amber said...

AWESOME!!! It is snowing here today =D. Missing you.
Have fun cleaning!

Deanna said...

"CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN" of laundry and toys is the motto at our house today. LOL!

Maybe I'll just turn that movie on right now and let it play...

You inspire me. seriously. I'm going to start cleaning. right now. it's 3 pm.

Sara Newton said...

You know, when you clean a room or two, you realize that it feels so good to be clean! I'm there with ya!