You know, after 4 years of being a mom, I must say that I've become quite accustomed to it! My kids and hubby have been gone all weekend and I REALLY miss them! I get really lonely being by myself! I've hardly known what to do. I thought I would have the time of my life, but I've spent most of the day wandering around the internet and looking at the clock to see how much longer till they get here! What a boob I am!

However, on the bright side...I have gotten a tremendous amount of work done this weekend!!! My mom and sisters came up to Idaho Falls this weekend to help me finish some painting jobs! It has been SO fantastic! I can't believe how great my house looks and how clean and fresh and happy it is! I can hardly believe this is the same dingy little house that we moved into nearly 3 months ago now! When we moved in, everything was either painted dirty greyish off-white or manure green...even all the mouldings and doors! When Nels and I did the final walk-through of the house we got to the basement and I genuinely was so nauseated that I was looking for a place to throw up!!! How sad it is that the only thing that kept me from doing so was the fact that the only place to puke was in basement bathroom that the previous owner had admitted hadn't been cleaned in SEVEN years! (Okay, she said it hadn't been USED in 7 years...Be that as it may, they had 3 kids and the bathroom HAD been used, so I KNOW that what she meant was CLEANED!) We now have a sweet little home that still needs a lot of loving work, but is clean and happy and so warm and wonderful! We are SO happy here! I feel SO satisfied with the progress that we've made and would like to thank Melissa, Wendie, and my sweet mother for loving me so much that they would come help me with such a big project!

We were able to get done in one day what would have literally taken me probably 2 weeks! We had to set up scaffolding on the stairs and it was impossible to get up and down them, so you can guess how well that would have gone with our little family! Thank you so much!
I know that it's hard to get a good idea of what it really looks like! It's hard to take pictures in a little room, but I think you all can use your imaginations!
You know, I really should have done the dishes before I took this picture! Ha! It looks like I DO have a few things to do in the next few hours before Nels and the girls come home! I'll take the time to post a few more pictures over the next few weeks of our home so that you can all get a look at it! I want to finish the baby's room first!
6 comments:
Oh my gosh! it is gorgeous!! Of course, I think anything that is red and yellow is stunning. Way to go! I can't wait to talk to you about all of it and I am super excited to see more pictures. You are amazing!!
I am so happy that your mom and sisters came to help you. You have an awesome family.
Of course you can come stay with me the end of October I would love it! I will call you sometime this week. I can't wait to see you!!!!!
Amber
How cute!!! you've inspired me to finish up my decorating before anything else! you're so cute! I love you and you're little family... you have such an adorable little family and, now, such an adorable little kitchen! I'm excited to see what you do with the baby's room!
I love red touch with the bricks. I will have to come see it in person!
your place looks fantastic! you always were good at decorating and making any space you guys lived in feel like home. your comment on my blog cracked me UP by the way! i won't let ben see it though, it would just add to his obsession about his eyes. it'll be our little secret. love you guys and miss you!
Rach, hey you! I love you home, it's very cozy and cute. You've donbe a nice job making it your own and enhancing the best things! It looks like it has a lot of character and I can't wait to see more pictures and to come and visit you there someday!
I miss you too! It gets lonely at times (for friends) and I think of you guys all the time. I have no idea when we'll be able to come back to Idaho for a visit. maybe as soon as Chris starts getting some vacation time we can think about that!
Well, you must be getting close to your due date (or your avaerage of 2 weeks early)!!! I can't wait to see pics of Elsie (still naming her that?!)
Well, I love you! Feel free to call anytime or email!
Love, Hannah
Very cute!!!
Post a Comment