1. It's less than two weeks from Christmas and I've already finished ONE (x five) project on my "make" list. I even wrapped it (them). Now, only 7,000 more to go. :) In seriousness, I am nearly finished with five pj shirts and I'm feeling pretty awesome.
2. I started a Book Club in my ward a few months ago. I'm so pleased with myself for pushing outside my comfort zone that I can hardly contain myself. This month we are reading "Little Women" - one of my all time favorites books. I was getting worried that it wouldn't get read, as I spend all my free evenings in front of the sewing machine, when I remembered that on one of the homeschool forums I read someone mentioned a site called Librivox, where there are free public domain audiobooks. Tonight I spent a decent chunk of time pinning, serging, and crying. What's not to love about a book that makes you cry with humility, sadness, joy, humor, and understanding?
3. Homeschool is going well and I'm so impressed with my own little women's progress. I struggle daily with mastering our rhythm and routine, but I expected that and life is a work in progress. My girls are starting to understand better the work of keeping our home running and help with their share with little complaining. The big girls are more than 70 lessons into their math book and Elsie can now read almost anything with a. Bit of work. I'll have to write more about it later, but despite being ready to lock myself in my room some days, it's going well and the girls enjoy it.
(the best helicopters and airplanes I've ever seen)
4. Lilie's arm and nerves are healing! Slowly, but it's happening. She's just started physical therapy and nearly cried when the PT massaged her elbow on Tuesday, however, he looks like Ben Affleck and I think she'd do just about anything he asked her to do. :)
5. We bought a fake, prelit tree. The Saturday after Thanksgiving, I spent the morning shut up in my bedroom weeping huge tears of failure and resignation. I was raging mad at Nels for bringing up the dry reminder of Christmas trees past and wept bitterly. An hour later, I emerged red-nosed and declared that I could not live another year of coniferous demise and bit the (truly) evergreen bullet. I love it and haven't been sad about it even once since.
1 comment:
Each of these points made me just want to climb through the computer and hug you.
So glad Lilie's healing. So glad homeschool is going well. Amazing lights in the last pic.
Post a Comment