Monday, November 3, 2014

Goodbye, Baby


Well. I think we've made it.

We are past babyhood.

Potty training has been done for a while (we haven't bought diapers in probably two months, but I didn't want to jinx myself) and Clara can say her own name.

Goodbye, Cwawa.

I'm going to miss you more than you know.

(cue the tears)

How can you be so ready for something to end and yet want to go backward and start all over again at the same time? I honestly don't know that I'll ever feel like I don't want to have a little baby in my life. Especially MY little baby.

This is a hard time period for me. And I think it's going to last for . . . ever.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh, my. Isn't the human heart an amazing thing, with all it's contradictions and conflicted emotions?

That photo of Clara is completely awesome.

Charlotte said...

Oh, my. Isn't the human heart an amazing thing, with all it's contradictions and conflicted emotions?

That photo of Clara is completely awesome.

Hannah said...

i was just thinking the other day how big zach is. he and clara are just about the same age. it's so strange when suddenly one day you wake up and your "baby" is no longer a baby anymore.

i can't pretend i know how you are feeling though. i have a new baby now, but it still makes me want to freeze frame the very stage that zach is in right now. i love his round little face and features and the sweetness that he still wants my comfort and love. it goes by all too quickly.

Thomas Family said...

Your babies are pretty adorable. :). Life just doesn't stand still does it! Something new to learn and overcome at every turn!