Friday, December 7, 2012

I've Been Dreaming...

...of exactly this.


It just so beautiful! Some places are just made to have snow.


I may be singing a different tune when I'm sequestered at home for weeks while Nels takes the van to work --- since his car is bound to be worthless going up and down the mountain in the snow.

But for now, I just can't get enough of this white fluff. :) Clinging to the cedars and pines... {sigh}


Vi and I took a little walk today. The cat, Midnight, is more like a dog. He tagged along. We followed some dog tracks into the trees and found lots of pretty things.

When we returned I discovered one of the awesome things about having satellite internet...When it snows hard, you have to clean it off...


We're going to have to devise another plan...






Tomorrow the girls are going to build a snowman army in our backyard and go sledding down our non-exsisten hill. :) What I really wish is that we could close off the road for an hour and go sledding all the way from our house to the bottom! That would be awesome!



I really love living here.


8 comments:

lynsey said...

oh man...that looks amazing! you honestly live in such an incredibly beautiful place. it reminds me of living in jackson hole. and also reminds me that when we're finally finished with grad school, it is a deep-down NEED of mine to live somewhere with earthly beauty. and i'm not talking about the dry, desert, arizona kind!

Deanna said...

so beautiful!!! I'm insanely jealous!!!!! Our grass is STILL GREEN! I kinda feel like I need to go out and mow it again. *sigh*

Can't wait to see that cute snowman army!!!

Hannah said...

absolutely beautiful...i'm still hoping for a white christmas here!

MeggyT said...

You'll just have to build a hill for your back yard :-)

Amber said...

Rachel--that is gorgeous! Amazing pictures =). I can't wait...2 MORE DAYS!!! YIPEE!!!

Life for the Pillings said...

Can I come move by you? I dream about living somewhere like that - enjoy it! Love ya!

Alisha said...

Absolutely breathtaking!

Perry's said...

So beautiful. I believe there is something you can get that you can wrap around your dish that is a warmer. It will keep the snow off. We have one on ours and we have one on our roof so the snow doesn't run off the front porch.