Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stop and Go


Sometimes blogging just seems like too much. Now, don't get me wrong. I still yearn to be recording what's going on. I still think in "posts" when I'm doing monotonous things like folding laundry or doing the dishes ---- or just have any "alone time" in my head at all. -- Sometimes children even seem to invade my head . . . .

Here's a couple of problems I'm encountering when it comes to blogging lately. There's a lot that I need to catch up on. -- As I mentioned in one of my more recent posts. I still haven't posted any pictures from Christmas! Birthdays! Vacations! or even just Fun Stuff! I don't know why. Maybe its the mountains of laundry and ever present children and messes that accompany my every waking moment. Maybe I'm just pregnant and lazy (likely). Maybe I've been watching too many shows on Netflix in the evenings instead of doing what I really want to do (probably). Maybe I've been doing a lot of other projects. Not ones that have been on my list of "Fun Projects to Do" for years, but the spur-of-the-moment-someone-asked-me-if-I'd-make-her-some-Ariel-jammies-and-I-couldn't-say-no-and-then-made-nightgowns-for-all-the-rest-of-us-as-well kind of projects.

Yeah. Kind of a combination of all those, I'd say.

Also. Sometimes I just have so much on my mind that it creates a traffic jam to my fingers. I don't know what to share and what to keep in, so I just don't say anything. ---- Actually, if you've talked to me in the past two weeks, you'd know that that is entire NOT true. I've been talking and stressing non-stop. I just don't seem to know what to type.

But I have had a few ideas.

First being: The Good Lord has a FANTASTIC sense of humor. I love the irony of life. I love to laugh. I love to find the hidden funnies in the every day. Also, if you've ever called me with a complaint, you know that I'm not always the most sympathetic listener. I'm a fixer. I am. I can't help it. I give advice and generally tell you to let it go or change yourself. You may not like it, but you pretty much always know what you're going to get. And for some reason, people still seem to call me with their problems on occasion, so I'm guessing that they're just wanting it. :)

Now. What do I do when I encounter real dilemmas in MY life. What if I can't take my own practical advice? What if the same situation that I was counseling my friend through, then turns around and happens to me? Do I laugh? Cry? Yell at my kids? Stress to the point of having contractions and not be able to sleep at night? You betcha.

And I tell you what. What goes around, comes around. And even THAT'S a little bit funny. SOMEONE is getting a good laugh. That's all I know.

Second thing: There are some situations in life that seem to be exactly what I've been praying for and yet seem to be the most stressful thing that I can possibly imagine. There are some situations in life that you want so bad, but at the same time, don't seem to have ANY perfect endings.

I don't like that.

There are some situations in life, that NO ONE has the words to make simpler. That no amount of talking will work through.

And yet you still know that the Lord is in control.

My answer to myself?

Pray more.

It really is the only answer. I know that He is in control. I know that He loves my family. I know that HE ANSWERS PRAYERS. Even when the only answer that can be given is Peace. And then I realize that those crazy situations drive me to Him. Where I am safe. Where I am calm. Where I don't need all the answers. Where I know that He loves us so much that all will be exactly as it should be. A place I think I've been missing the last while. A good reminder.

And so I know. Whether it's complicated or streamlined, life will be perfect. We just have to take it a day at a time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. I love that you tell me when I'm being ridiculous and when I'm being logical. I just love that you are a part of my life. You help me see the good in life.

Alisha said...

You are awesome! Thanks for sharing this!! I needed to hear some of that!

Deanna said...

You rock. I needed to hear that today. ESPECIALLY Today. ♥ Next week looks MUCH MORE SLOW and less sickly. LOL! Let's get together...or you're welcome to drop of the girls to play so you can have some time to do WHATEVER. :)

Amber said...

#1 I love the picture! Very cool.
#2 I love you! You are awesome! I know it will all work out for you in the end.
#3 I have news...I need to talk to you ;).