Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Snuffaluffagus


Few things in the world so tempting to me right now as quietly sneaking into Violet's room to snuggle up next to her on her bed and nap along side her.

*sigh*

Oh, that sounds like heaven.

I'm sure there are several of you thinking, "Well, why the heck don't you, Rachel??? You're five months pregnant, you deserve it." And here is the answer to that --- if I take real mid-afternoon nap, I'll never want to wake back up. -- And NOBODY here deserves that.

Naps are NOT my forte. When I fall asleep, my body says, "It's sleeping time! Hooray!!! SHUT. DOWN." and it doesn't want to rise until either no one needs anything from me or the sun comes up again the next morning. Whichever comes first. It's probably because I don't give myself enough regular sleep at nighttime. Sad.

Sweet baby Vi needed a nap and instead of laying her down and leaving the room, like I usually do, I laid down next her to talk about eyes and ears and hairs, playing "Pat-A-Cake", and singing Baby Mine until her perfect little eyelids could stay open no longer . . . and neither could mine.

Until.

Until Elsie came in to inform me that she'd knocked over my plant and got dirt all over the floor . . . and then she and Lilie needed lunch . . .

I was glad that she woke me up (kind of). Had she not, I would have been a bear when I did have to get up, but oh my, it's heavenly to snooze next to a warm little toddler with pretty pink lips and soft little cheekies!


We've recently moved Violet into a big bed. I had decided that it was time for some rearranging, leaving an open bottom bunk bed available in her room. I thought, we'll just see if she'll stay in it for nap time. Lo and behold, she aced naps and moved straight to night time as well. She's not had any problem with it at all and LOVES sleeping in a big girl bed.


She is just such an angel baby. So easy in so many ways. Busy, but really such a happy baby. And she loves being "baby" too. :) She is more snuggly than my other girls have been (at least with me - all the girls have been more snuggly with Nels). She talks well, though not quite as well as my other girls did at this age. She's got a fabulous sense of humor and loves to laugh. Whenever anyone else is crying, she pretends to cry too and needs hugged as well. It's funny to me.

She like kitties and keeps an interested distance from doggies. We visited a friend who had a new lab puppy at their house about a month ago. The puppy thought that my rolly little Violet looked about like a ball and decided to play with her a bit. :) She was not amused and has kept a wary distance of them since. :) But she loves animals and was fascinated when we took a trip to the zoo this last week.


She loves her daddy. She asks for him often throughout the day and gets VERY excited when he comes home -- immediately demanding his attention to hug and hold her for several minutes as soon as he walks in the door at night.

When she accomplishes something that she's particularly proud of she loudly proclaims, "TA-DA!" She says E-sie and A-zie and calls Lilie a variety of things. L's are so hard for babies. :) We'll just have to wait and see what she settles on -- hopefully not Doodoo like Elsie did. :) Among many other things, she also says dow (down), uh-oh, ah-dah (all done), ou-side (outside), and calls many things da-da (if you're her mother, you can tell which da-da she's referring to :). She calls me mommy and Nels daddy and tries to say just about everything.

One of the coolest things that Violet can do is blow her nose. :) An incredibly helpful skill as she's had a cold for the past week. :) Whenever you ask her where her nose is, she scrunches up her face and snuffy-snuffs through her nose. SO cute. unless she's got a nose full of boogers, then . . . a little less cute. :)


Oh, I love this baby of mine! She makes me excited that there's another one coming to our family.

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Super cute!!! What a cute little girl!!!

Amber said...

What a cute little babe! That is amazing that she can blow her nose! VERY cool and helpful!!!

ClancyPants said...

My goodness, you make beautiful children. ♥

Anonymous said...

So. . . I love her already. Addison loves to blow her nose too! She comes in the bathroom and cries until I give her a little piece of toilet paper to "blow" her nose on. She is just so proud of herself. I am completely impressed with Violet being in a big girl bed. I think Addison would escape in about three seconds. She just sounds wonderful. I can't believe it has been a year since I was there. It is definitely time for another visit.