Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dead Tired

Sometimes I shouldn't sit down, because then I die.

Today has been a busy day. --- I just attempted to list my accomplishments, to make myself feel more impressed with my tiredness, but then I realized that my list somehow didn't consist of much more than a few things. It didn't sound very impressive. Dang.

Regardless, I've worked hard today and I'm ready for a break and some fun. Hallelujah! The remainder of this week is supposed to be gorgeous. Thank you! And we have some grand plans to accomplish a goal that I've had for the past ELEVEN years that I've lived in Eastern Idaho. Super excited.

I spent some of today outside caring for the lawn and planting and transplanting some . . . plants. :) I like working outside. Nothing like being pregnant to help you remember how useful stomach muscles are when digging a hole and moving shovels-full of dirt. :)

I also took the girls for a bike ride over to Arctic Circle for an ice cream cone tonight. Every time I take a ride with the bike trailer -- then Lilie -- then Hazel all lined up behind me, the bike scene from The Sound of Music always starts running through my mind and I half hum / half sing-under-my-breath the music the entire ride. Cracks me up every time.


Arctic (does is bother you when people spell Arctic - Artic? It bothers me.) Circle is only a little more than a mile from our house, but I was huffing and puffing by the time we got there. While there, I realized that one of my brakes was too tight, keeping my back tire from spinning freely. I fixed it. The ride back was a LOT easier. :) I am really loving my birthday presents.

What's (one of) your favorite birthday presents that you've received as an adult? I think my bike and bike trailer are definitely ranking up there at the top.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I know what you mean. I love bike rides with the kids and the same scene and song come flooding into my mind. "Do a dear, a female dear...." LOVE it!!!

Alisha said...

I think that I need to get a bike...LOL!! My favorite present (To Date) was paint for my kitchen!! It made me so happy and makes me smile every time I go in there. Anthony probably wishes he didn't "give" it too me because of all the home repairs it sparked! hehehe!

Deanna said...

We need to meet up for a stellar bike ride. :) LOL! We did a long one yesterday (and this morning) too!!! LOVING this perfect weather.

The Ricks Family said...

Once I got this really great homemade bag from one of my dearest friends... :-) I am only kidding.