Thursday, March 17, 2011

Every Place I Go, I'll Think of You

Leavin' on a Jet Plane was one of my favorite songs in high school. --- The Peter, Paul, and Mary version.

So. I'm off. The past two days have been SO long and I haven't been this tired in a long time, but I'm SO excited. Every once in a while I think of my sweet little babies sleeping in their beds and the fact that I am not there to kiss their faces and I start to feel little nervous twinges in my stomach, but really - I'm excited. I have the best husband in the world who has worked night and day (literally) to make the time for me to go on this trip. He is the best dad in the world for not even batting an eye at being a one man band for the next several days with FOUR kids.

I've wanted to take a trip with Nels - just the two of us - for years and years. "For our fifth anniversary . . . " - "Well, maybe for seven years . . ." We're currently shooting for our tenth anniversary - next Fall. Our youngest child should be about one at that point and if we plan far, far in advance, I think we can pull it off. :)

I love my cousin Amber and I love Washington. So excited to browse around Pike's Place today.

Nels had asked me at one point if I wanted to take Violet with me . . . I thought about it for about . . . say, 3 seconds, before I said, "Um, nah." But you know, try as I might to have a weekend alone, even for this trip, I still couldn't get away from packing one little peanut with me. ---- But I didn't need a boarding pass or a carseat, no bottles or snacks with this one. -- This baby has still got the cushiest seat in the house. :)

15 comments:

Alisha said...

Does that mean what I think it does? If so, congrats! If not, opps! Have a great trip!

lynsey said...

WOO HOOOOOO! i was wondering when the big announcement was going to come! i'm so excited for you!!

and i hope you have the BEST time this weekend, you deserve it so much!

ben and i are the same way, putting off amazing trips that we can take TOGETHER and continually trying trying trying to get it to work out with time, and money and the ages of our kids.

how about we take a couples trip together, pretty please? that way we'll hold each other accountable. let's do it!!

love you and congrats again!

Nels Chick said...

You are the most clever woman, and beautiful to boot!

Deanna said...

yippie!!! I'm so stinkin' excited for you. Even more excited now that the cat is out of the bag. ;)

Wade and Brianna said...

Have a wonderful time!

Melyni + Alma said...

hmmmm....tricky, tricky....what are you trying to say??? Is there a secret message somewhere in this post?
haha! Congrats you guys! You'll have to give out details soon, like about around when it's due, etc.

Thomas Family said...

AH!! So excited for you!! And what funny clever post. Seriously. Rachel Chick. You are the best!!!

Sara Newton said...

I knew at the beginning you were announcing pregnancy you fertile person you! Congrats!

Rachel Holloway said...

YAAAAAAY! So glad you're off to a special ALONE time--well, with fun company of course. YOU DESERVE IT!

Rachel Holloway said...

AHHH...totally had to re-read that one! Congrats?? :)

The Moore Family: said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Sneaky, sneaky. I'm so excited! You two make the best kids, I'm glad another is on the way. Congratulations. You'll have to call me when you get back. Love you!! Have a great trip!

Lindsey and Brett said...

You are such a crafty little writer! Congratulations on another little Chick!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! So Girl number 5 is on her way, huh??!! Congrats!!:)

Hannah said...

5 kids! AAAAAHHHHH! I'm still trying to wrap my head around #3...and yes, this is my tricky little way of saying that we are expecting too!!! =)