Monday, August 10, 2009

Daddy's Poor Head

I love my life.

Nels has to work late tonight. We took him some dinner - late - and didn't get back home until about 9:30. Elsie, all the way home, was asking for her "blanklie" and her bed.

When we got home I put her pajamas on her and she asked me to rock her with Mimi (her baby doll). As we were rocking, she was jabbering about a few different things. I remembered that we hadn't prayed and asked her if she wanted to. She did and gave a very sweet little prayer. Afterward, she continued jabbering, but I was trying to get her to be still - as her eyes kept doing their slow blinks. Suddenly I realized that she was telling me about her day. She was telling me about "Jumpline an' Lilie an' Rin' a' Rosie." Giggling the whole time. She was talking about Lilie playing Ring Around the Rosie with her on the trampoline this afternoon. Ah! So sweet. I love that adorable kid.

She then started telling me about all the things going to sleep. "Dodoos (doggies) and trees and Lilie." And said, "Yep, but not Daddy. Daddy's at work. Sad Daddy. We love him." To which she responded, "Yeah. Daddy bonk a head." LOL. She so great! I love my quiet time rocking that girl! She is so fun and I love her little voice.

I have the best job in the world.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Too cute! Sweet little Elsie, we love her to. Someday Kaitlyn will too. LOL!