Wednesday, November 28, 2007

...These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

Nels pointed out to me yesterday that they play this song a lot at Christmas time (My Favorite Things...from the Sound of Music), however, it is not a Christmas song . . . What a quandary. Anyway. I gave this post that title because I wanted to post a few of my very favorite things that I've been thinking about and enjoying the past couple of days.

#1: Christmas Trees and Lights


Putting up the Christmas tree is, of course, my favorite thing to do the day after Thanksgiving. I love my beautiful, live tree and I'm determined not to kill it before Christmas this year. The past three years the needles have gotten all dry on my tree, even though I water it religiously. I believe I have determined the cause of my black thumb. If any of you know me well, you will know that I'm a bit of a perfectionist . . . to the point of going overboard most of the time. Well, when I put lights on my tree, I compulsively need to wrap them meticulously around nearly every branch on the tree! Epiphany!!! SO! I think I've been essentially burning up my tree by overheating it!!! Aren't I smart??? So this year, I still put on all my lights, but I didn't wrap them around all the branches. I'll keep you posted as the month progresses on my theory!
Anyway, I love my lovely tree and I can hardly keep myself out of my front room in the evening because I love to sit and soak up the Season. I also love the beautiful little angel ornaments that represent each of my sweet little girls. I've been able to find an angel for each of them that is holding a little chickie, which I also LOVE!

Hazel


Lilie


Elsie


#2: My Fish



I LOVE my fish! Everyone, with the exception of my sweet mother, starts to think that I am obsessive when I start on one of my lengthy monologues about the nitrate levels in our water or the specialized needs of my Bolivian Rams or Clown Loaches, but I cannot help myself. --- As I mentioned in the above section, I tend to get psychotic about most things I decide do.
I cleaned my tank yesterday and added some really beautiful coral that my parents picked up for me in Cancun. I am so pleased with the result! (Yet another thing that's been drawing me into my living room.)

This is Bo and Olivia, my beautiful Bolivian Rams.
I made countless trips to pet stores throughout Eastern Idaho
to find two that would make a happy pair.
Hopefully someday they will produce some little bebes for me!


Bo, Olivia, and my happy, little Clowns!


#3: My New Vacuum Cleaner!!!

I'm super happy today about, my new vacuum! How quaint, right? But I truly LOVE it! A good vacuum makes all the difference in the world! Now, I'm not the type that needs to have vacuum marks in the carpet, but I sure to like it!


As an added bonus, look at how beautiful it is!!!
What could be better about having a vacuum cleaner
than having a RED vacuum???
I LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it!!!

#4: My FAVORITES!!!

My sweet girls!!! They are the joy of my life!






My poor Lilie has been sick and hasn't slept well all week.
I think these pictures illustrate her tired state very well!


I'm just SO thankful for all that we have and I really wanted to share a few of my favorite things with you all today --- while my husband was sweet enough to share the computer with me for one night! Hee hee! He's been working every spare second for the past month on a side project!

My husband, my best friend, my FAVORITE!!!
(Dreamy, isn't he? Ha ha! I love photoshop!)

8 comments:

Perry's said...

Elsie on the outfit that Hannah has. I love it. It is so cute. I had to put it in the box today because it doesn't fit anymore. It was vary sad. I love the things you love. I also have a tree up. Every year the day after thanksgiving we go hunt one down with blairs family. I am sorry I never got to see your family when you were here. But I do love all of you.

siddoway said...

Hey, we are going to be in ID from I think the 20th through the 29th or so. Looking forward to being there and maybe having to wear a jacket! I should call up there sometime before we go to coordinate or something.

Amber said...

First of all I have to say I love you! You are delightful!
Okay, I totally LOVE the idea of the angel ornaments for your kids. That is the sweetest idea I have ever heard. So, of course I will have to copy you. I too find all sorts of excusses to go sit in the living room. I love it!!
Now I know why Lilie said you should name Elsie "Fish". I didn't know you had fish. But that is awesome because your mom always had them. I think your fish and tank are beautiful!
I agree anything red is WONDERFUL! I totally need a new vacuum. What brand is it? Where did you get it? etc.
I love the pictures of your sweet little angels!! They are adorable. Hazel just looks like a Moon to me.
Anyway, that is a really long comment. But I loved the post!
Oh, one more thing. I am SUPER excited to see you at the end of the month and yes Wes and the munchkins are coming. I am so HAPPY!!!!!! Yeah!!

lynsey said...

your tree looks great! i love the angels for your girls, that is such a cute idea. ok now i have a question. wasn't olivia what you wanted to name one of your children? a little twisted my dear. no wonder you care so much about your fish. i can just picture you when you're seventy. "and little olivia's first words were, glub glub." and yes, nels is dreamy...almost like a christmas NIGHTMARE!! (remember when we used to say that all the time?) love you guys! hey if you're in SL anytime from dec. 6-13th we'll BE THERE!!!

Life for the Pillings said...

Your tree is really pretty!!! We *sighhhhhhh* still don't have our up. Chris has been so busy this week and worked late every night. Last night we finally went and found one, but it was raining so hard that we had to leave it out in the garage to dry (hopefully not dry out). Chris is working this afternoon and I keep calling him trying to figure out when he is going to be home so we can finish putting our tree up and get it decorated. I can't wait! Your blog is really cute! I too love my red vacuum!!! How did you find the same angels that Mom has? I wanted to do the same thing but I don't know where she got them. Plus the chances that the stores still have them are not likley. Oh'well. I'll have to copy you post it's nice to see the simple things that we are all thankful for. Love Ya!!

Life for the Pillings said...

Oh I also was going to tell you that your new family picture is adorable!!! Where did you have that taken?

Hannah said...

Rach! Loved the new post! It's about time =) It was a cute idea...I may have to "copy" it? Well, I'm still looking forward to a phone call or maybe just a nice long email!

How's rest of your house coming? From what I've seen so far it's really cute! Any more pics?

Well, I love ya and hope we can make it out there next year to see you and everyone else we miss and love! Love, Hannnah

Kelly said...

Hi Rach! I love your tree and the fishes! We are also starting the tradition of the angels and moons for the family but I'm having a hard time finding moons!! Oh, I spent three hours figuring out my blog and I'm pretty happy with it-you'll have to check it out! We love you and miss you and are glad we can stay in touch this way!