. . . .
So . . . we've had some changes in our lives.
What's new, right?
In November of last year, Nels got laid off from Coldwater Creek.
It was scary. It was hard. It was good.
Nels immediately got to work with emails and phone calls to put the word out there that he was looking for a new job.
Right away side jobs and inquiries started rolling in. Within a month he had several paying projects in the works and two job offers -- one in Pullman, WA and one in Seattle. We decided to sleep and pray on it.
The next morning, I awoke to Nels's telling me that he knew where we needed to be.
So here we are - in Pullman, Washington - set right in the middle of an ocean of rolling wheat fields called the Palouse, seven miles from the Idaho border.
We are settling into a mild, snowless January (what is this place?!). Nels is feeling good about his new job and the team he works with (that's a great thing). The girls are loving their new school (I should have known they would do awesome) and after living like nomads for two weeks, I am slowly getting us unpacked into our new home (a 1400 sqft daylight-basement duplex). We all are finally sleeping in our own beds (WITH SHEETS!) and while we lived in temporary housing, I picked up knitting as a new hobby (always good to have something to spend more money on).
We are really hoping to love our new home, but one thing I've learned about over the past few years is that I'm a slow transition-er. I feel a little like I'm hibernating as we get used to our new surroundings,
but I'm praying for a glorious Spring.

3 comments:
What a beautiful area! i'm glad you're finding a new normal, and so glad you survived. I know I wouldn't have. Love you!!! Love the updates!
yay!! all three of us writing, in one week?!! this is happiness for me. i love you, and i completely relate to the hibernating with the move. the slow transitioning is my m.o. so let's whatsuptime, so you don't get swallowed up. and because i miss you.
That picture is beautiful. I am so happy you have your new hobby of knitting. Love you.
Post a Comment