Monday, May 20, 2013

On the Mend

That last post cracks me up!

I was so frustrated and SO mad. It was one of those weird days.

Then I spent Friday and Saturday sick in bed. It was sad. See?


very pathetic and pitiful.

But I did get to listen to almost the entire book of "Unbroken" and Nels was an amazing Mr. Mom on Saturday. That wonderful man washed and folded ALL the laundry! I should get sick more often.

In other news, some good things:
  • We hung up Nels's hammock last night in the backyard. Hello, old friend! We haven't enjoyed one another's company for nearly two years. You were missed. Welcome to paradise!
  • I love riding lawn mowers. - Unless I'm drugged on Benadryl. Then they lull me to sleep. A summer job discovery. Ever since, I lay off the drugs when I'm mowin'.
  • I can see the floor in my van. The WHOLE floor. It's a miracle.
  • Nels played catch with me yesterday. Makes me SO happy. and sweaty. I played varsity softball when I was a Freshman, then we moved to Bountiful when I was a Sophomore and I never tried out for the team because I was too intimidated. Another true story.
  • Lilie has a great eye and is an excellent batter.
  • Violet loves kickball! When Daddy played with the girls the other day, she was the only one he could keep interested. I think we're going to have to give it another go.
  • Clara hates her snipped-off binkies and tells me off every time I give it to her. She, too, LOVES the riding lawn mower. She has become the tantrum queen. She is also a champion sleeper.
  • Elsie needs a break from technology. :) The other day she was playing "Dinosaur Train" and after regaling me with "facts" like, "Mom, did you know that dinosaurs lived in outerspace?!" (I think there may have been a slight misunderstanding there) exclaimed, "I love information!" Trips to the non-fiction section of the library are forthcoming.
  • Hazel and the hammock are going to clock a lot of hours in this summer. That girl loves to read. She's burned through almost the entire Percy Jackson series (along with many other books) in the last couple of months. 
  • Three more weeks of school! - Then I'm toying with the idea of going AWOL for the entire month of June.

4 comments:

Sara Newton said...

We seriously need to get Grace and Elsie together! Grace is a little factoid queen!

Amber said...

So you must be feeling a wee bit better now =). We need to get our families together for a wiffle ball game and I would love to spend an hour or two in your hammock =).

Life for the Pillings said...

Love the new blog! It's happy and fresh for summer! I think Hazel has the best plans for summer hammock plus books = perfect!

Perry's said...

I think your idea of going AWOL for the month of June is a great idea to head to Bountiful. I would love to see your and your girls.