Don't you love it when your cable for connecting your camera to your computer is all the way downstairs . . . . :) You finally go get it only to realize that you've picked up the firewire cable (raise your hand if you know what firewire is) instead of the USB. I hope that's not the kind of day today is destined to be,
because in my opinion, today is meant to be a beautiful, relaxing, PERFECT Fall day; filled with cut grass, planted mums, riding my bike to get Hazel from school, and going to the zoo (don't think too hard about whether or not I used that semicolon correctly).
---- Yep. I've made up my mind. It's going to be perfect . . . regardless.
I just read the most perfect post about the first trimester of pregnancy here. What a strange phase that is. Glad it's over.
I love Fall. I have been aching for Fall for months. SO glad that it's here. Idaho Falls has beautiful Falls . . . usually . . . for a few days. :) Yesterday was a perfect day. With a simple dinner of mac 'n' cheese followed by lounging on the trampoline and hammock wrapped up in blankets and pillows, reading books, and eating homegrown (neighbor's) apples with my Hazel and Lilie.
Does it get more perfect?
Apparently not. As Lilie asked in her prayers for her mommy "tomorrow to be happy like today." :S --- I'm going to look in the bright side of that sweet prayer . . . . . . . . . . and do my best to fulfill it.
Do you ever get a late night craving for fresh, perfect tomatoes (straight from your garden) sliced thick and generously sprinkled with salt and pepper, set between two pieces of buttered, homemade focaccia bread?

Mmmmmmm . . . I mean, who would? Seriously. (((sigh)))
Isn't this what all children should do on a 75 degree afternoon? Sit on the trampoline dividing the goods from your friend's candy sack?

And finally, my little butterfly. She needed both sets of wings to fly (skip-bounce) all around the family room singing, "Mommy, I fwying, fwying, fwying!" And calling herself Peent-o-bew.
I'm a lucky mom. I'm so thankful that I can be at home with my girls! --- Even if I just realized that I don't get to go pick up Hazel on my bike because I have carpool today. I guess now I get to take a shower instead! :)

5 comments:
maybe if I knew what focaccia bread was I would crave it too:)
Reading your blog makes me miss you so much! We are having fall here too and it feels so good. I am glad that you are doing well. I sure love and miss you!
okay small world...i just saw your comment on christin's blog and now i see her comment on your blog-she talked a lot about you when she realized how close i lived to you (before i moved into your ward)...just had to make a comment. small world.
Terressa
Sounds like a wonderful day indeed. :) I'm not a huge tomato person, but the way you describe that little sandwich makes it sound tasty!
Tomato cravings...that means your baby will grow up to be wise, smart, and want katchup on everything!
Sounds like true bliss! I wish my tomatoes came out looking like that! Beautiful!
Post a Comment